Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Preview Night of "Bona" the Play

I was in high school when I saw the Lino Brocka film "Bona" starring Nora Aunor. Since then, I have become a cultic fan of the Philippine movie industry's phenomenal actress and superstar.

Today, a modern adaptation of "Bona" comes to the stage for PETA's 45th Theater Season with the theme "No Screen Bigger than the Theatre."

Directed by Soxy Topacio, it stars comedianne Eugene Domingo as an avid movie fan and new actor Edgar Allan Guzman as an aspiring movie star.

Last Aug. 23, "Bona" had its preview night attended by the press, friends of PETA, show buyers, and other invited guests. Thanks to my friends Arlene and Aris of PETA, I had the special privilege to watch this exclusive opening night of what is perhaps the most anticipated theater event of the year.



 




No comments:

Post a Comment